Cake Stand and Gluten Free Cakes

20 April 2011


Feeling a little peckish after a day selling at the car boot sale, I decided to whip up some yummy fairy cakes.


I've been experimenting with different quantities of ingredients and this one goes down a treat.



Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6.

Cream together 8oz Stork Margarine and 8oz Granulated Sugar in a Large Bowl. Add 3 Medium Eggs plus 3 Tsp Vanilla Extract. Whisk until smooth. Grate the Rind of 1 Lemon and Juice, adding to the bowl. Give a good stir. Sieve in 8oz Doves Farm Gluten Free Self Raising Flour and stir until mixture is smooth. Spoon 1 tablespoonful of mixture into fairy cake cases (makes 24). Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes. I find that the cakes towards the front brown quicker, so I turn the tray around and bake for a further minute or two until cakes are all golden brown.


Goes down well with a cup of tea.






My daughter bought me the Cath Kidston cake stand last christmas. I used it once for sandwiches when my mum came round for lunch, and it did sit on the kitchen top for a while, but I found it took up a bit too much room and decided to pack it away.




I know my daughter was a little upset that it didn't really get much use, so I decided to put it back together, without the bottom tier and now it fits much better and looks rather pretty.




So, I dedicate this blog post to my gorgeous daughter Jazz to say thank you for my lovely present xx

1 comment

  1. These cake stand ideas is really nice. I love simplicity! I have some handmade and unique design cake stand.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Barri-Jayne Makes. Design by FCD.