My week in pictures. Week One!

26 July 2013


 Eating out in a stylish retro family run cafe, @ Eat Play Love on Battersea Park Road.
 The deco is pretty cool with quirky areas to sit, eat and chat or simply hang out and read a book.
 
 Enjoying my first 'proper' beef burger. What an amazing gluten free eating experience @ Honest Burger.
Drinking a ridiculous amount of coffee to 'do things faster with more energy'.
Flicking through my growing collection of sewing and craft books for new ideas.
Pssst...My daughter was the stylist for 'The Great British Sewing Bee' book.
 
Popping into my local garden centre, Battersea Flower Station, SW11's own little paradise full of beauty and magic! The owners and staff are always smiling, happy, welcoming and very helpful.
Creating delicious quick and simple gluten free meals.
Thinly slice Mattessons Original smoked pork sausage and fry in a little olive oil until lightly browned. Add thinly sliced onions and stir in a huge dollop of caramelized onion chutney. 
Finally, add precooked gluten free pasta, mix until completely coated and piping hot. 
Serve immediately and enjoy!

I recently treated myself to a new camera, Canon 600D and wow, I'm totally in love. There's so much to learn and I'm slowly finding my way around the different settings, but what a difference it's made already. Luckily I have the rest of my Summer holiday (the joys of working in a school) to practice and get to grips with my new toy. 

***
 My daughter and I have recently started a mother/daughter blog, Barri & Belle, sharing our life living in Battersea. Do pop over and have a look around to see what we get up to.
 
Have a fabulous weekend!
Barrina xx

3 comments

  1. What a lovely week you're had. Your photography is beautiful, especially the food, yum! I'll have to try out your recipe, I'm always on the look out for easy gluten free recipes. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures are just lovely. i can't wait to see more of your weekly photography! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely pictures! You've made me hungry, especially with that last one! I love your kitchenware as well! Very lovely!

    xx
    Mere

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Barri-Jayne Makes. Design by FCD.