'Tis the season to be merry on my YouTube channel

22 December 2017

Over the past few months, I've been focusing more on my YouTube channel and have been totally blown away by all the interest shown. I've had so many views, thumbs ups and beautiful messages, and at the time of writing this post, I have somehow gained over 5,000 subscribers. Thank you, I am so grateful!

It all started earlier this year, with me wanting to learn how to make a rug and not finding any videos easy enough for me to follow. Once I'd mastered the round Amish knot rug and fallen in love with it's simplicity, I felt the need to make my own YouTube tutorial for this technique. Soon after that, I held a few Parent and Child rug making workshops, at the school where I work, which was a big success. I plan to continue with these workshops and might even include other schools in my local area. I'd like to start workshops for adults only, too, because I think everyone should make at least one rug in their life. I've now mastered the oval shaped Amish knot rug and hope to be able to make a rectangle one soon.
I'm planning lots of crafty tutorials, for next year, including jewellery making and sewing. I've always wanted to teach the things I create and think 2018 will be the year that I follow more of my dreams.
*****
Tis the season to be merry! 
Every year I make oven dried orange slices, decorate my home with them and drink gallons of mulled wine, so I thought I'd share that with you. My first festive video shows you how to make your own oven dried orange & lemon slices. It also includes how to make my favourite frosty glazed slices by adding powdered gelatine. It can get a bit sticky, but it's so worth taking the time to do it!
***
My second video is a simple recipe for mulled wine, which is very easy to make. The recipe is for two people or you could have it all for yourself! You can use cider or cranberry juice instead. There are many recipes out there, but this one is my favourite, the way my mummy used to make it.
***
My last festive video shares simple ideas for using your plain & glazed oven dried orange & lemon slices. Add cinnamon sticks, star anise, cardamom pods & whole cloves into the mix for an extra festive touch. Great if you're on a budget. They also make really cute gifts for family & friends.
***
Well, that's my year nearly over! Christmas Day is almost here, and I'm super excited!

I hope 2017 has been a good year for you.
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!
Here's to a successful 2018!

Love Barrina xx

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Barri-Jayne Makes. Design by FCD.